$defaultLang = ‘English’;
- Default language for the website. Some features, such as the identification keys, have multi-language capabilities. This variable sets what language these tools should be displayed when a multiple language environment is established.
$defaultProjId = 1;
- Project id(s) (pid within fmprojects table) that web pages should default to when necessary. If this variable was not set within SEINet, the Erigeron Taxonomic Profile Page would show all ”Erigeron” species within the taxonomic thesuarus, many which do not pertain to the central project.
$DEFAULTCATID = 1;
- If you setup the portal to group collections within multiple categories (e.g. http://swbiodiversity.org/seinet/collections/index.php), set this variable to the category most relevant to portal. If multiple portals have been established for one central database, then each can have their own central group of collections (e.g. http://ngpherbaria.org/portal/collections/index.php)
$defaultTitle = ”;
- Displayed in html title of each page, and a few other places
$adminEmail = ”;
- Email address to which correspondences, problems, questions should be sent
$charset = ‘ISO-8859-1’;
- ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8
$clientRoot = ”;
- URL path to project root folder as defined in the Apache config file (e.g. $clientRoot = ‘/seinet’)
$serverRoot = ”;
- Root path to Symbiota project root folder (e.g. $clientRoot = ‘/var/www/html/seinetflora/portal’)
$tempDirRoot = ”;
- File path to where temporary downloads should be directed. Apache web server must have write permissions to this folder. If left unset, the server’s temporary folders will typically be used.
$imageDomain = ”;
- Domain path to images. Set only if default domain where images reside is different than Symbiota virtual flora domain. Image paths stored in the database without a domain will use the portal’s domain or this domain, if set (e.g. $imageDomain = ‘http://swbiodiversity.org’). This is very useful if you plan to establish to multiple portals on different servers that access the same database.
$imageRootUrl = ”;
- URL path of folder to where images will be downloaded. This is the root path that will be used within the image paths stored in the database
$imageRootPath = ”;
- Writable path of folder to where images will be downloaded. Apache web server needs writable access to this folder.
$imgWebWidth = 1600;
$imgTnWidth = 200;
$imgLgWidth = 3200;
- Used to set width of image derivative files created when an image is uploaded through the the portal user interface. If the width of the image uploaded is less than $imgWebWidth, then source image will be used as the web version and a large version will not be created. If the image width is less than $imgLgWidth, the original image will be used for the large version.
$imgFileSizeLimit = 300000;
- Files above this size limit (KB) and less than $imgWebWidth will still be modified resaved w/ some compression
$useImageMagick = 0;
- 1 = use imageMagick to resize images. Of course, imageMagick has to be installed and accessible to the web server.
$tesseractPath = ”;
- Needed for the OCR function in the occurrence editor page. If a label image is linked to a specimen and this path is set to a local Tesseract installation, an OCR button will be available below the image (need to open image display within occurrence editor by clicking “>>” symbol located to the right of the Dupes button).
$NLP_LBCC_ACTIVATED = 0;
- NLP_LBCC_ACTIVATED = 1 will activate the Lichen Bryophyte Climate Change TCN (LBCC) natural language parser. A LBCC Parse button will be available below the OCR text area, given that OCR text has been generated and saved within database.
$SALIX_PATH = ‘http://symbiota2.acis.ufl.edu/symbiota/dlafferty/salixhandler.php’;
- If set to the path of an active SALIX NLP web service, a SALIX Parsing button will be displayed below the OCR text area. THE SALIX PARSERS ARE EXPERIMENTAL AND NOT YET RELIABLE.
$occurrenceModIsActive = 1;
$floraModIsActive = 1;
$keyModIsActive = 1;
- Module activations – 1 = activated; 0 = inactivated. Symbiota is build as three modules that can function on their own, but full functionally is achieved when all modules are activated.
$fpEnabled = 0;
- Enable Filtered-Push modules (see Filtered-Pushed project for documentation and software dependencies)
$googleMapKey = ”;
- No longer required unless you want to monitor map usage. To register for a key, goto: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
$mappingBoundaries = ”;
- Project bounding box; mainly used for default map centering. Format should be NorthLat; EastLong; SouthLat; WestLong (e.g. 42.3;-100.5;18.0;-127).
$googleAnalyticsKey = ”;
$dynChecklistRadius = 10;
- Used for building Dynamic Checklists and Keys. Variable controls the size of concentric rings that are sampled when building dynamic checklist
$displayCommonNames = 1;
- Controls whether common names should be displayed and searchable; 0 = false, 1 = true
$rightsTerms = array();
- Use to setup predefined usage rights terms
$reproductiveConditionTerms = array(“term1”, “term2”, “term3”, “term4”, “term5”, “etc..”);
- Use to setup predefined Reproductive Condition terms that will be used within a drop-down menu