The Consortium of Midwest Herbaria showed enthusiastic support for the April 2023 Portal Advancement Campaign. Over the course of the month, Office Hours sessions were attended by 23 unique participants representing 17 herbaria from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Major accomplishments of the Consortium’s campaign included:
- Endorsing 4 new collections and publishing 174,999 specimen records to the GBIF and iDigBio data portals from the EIU, EMC, GVSC, LUC, UWEC, UWGB, UWL, and UWW herbaria
- Adding 252,363 new specimen records to the portal
- Adding 2 new collections (29,241 records) to the portal from the SEMO and MODNR herbaria
- Indexing 18,647 taxonomic names to the central taxonomic thesaurus, in turn making an additional 47,057 specimen records searchable in the portal
- Standardizing 85,882 basisOfRecord values
- Resolving 68% of reversed elevation values
The Symbiota Support Hub thanks the Consortium of Midwest Herbaria for their active engagement throughout this month-long event.